Pre-workout energy drinks — all with virtually identical formulas — are a dime a dozen these days. As one of the industry's top-selling pre-workout powders, BULK has separated itself from the competition thanks to a comprehensive, evidence-based lineup of time-tested ingredients, fully transparent labeling, and absolutely no artificial color, sweetener, or flavoring. Formulated to enhance strength, muscle pumps, stamina, focus, and energy, each scoop of BULK sets the stage for you to dominate your workout and promote lean muscle growth. Check out what makes up this amazing pre-workout below!
Citrulline Malate 2:1 | 8,000mg
From a performance standpoint, citrulline malate is the “star child” of pre-workout science. We chose citrulline malate over L-arginine because it provides better absorption, higher plasma arginine levels, and has been found to:
- Improve strength, aerobic performance, and muscle endurance [1,2]
- Be at least twice as effective as L-arginine supplementation at raising nitric oxide 
- Participate in the Krebs Cycle and enhance creatine re-activation between sets (malate in citrulline malate 
- Enhance the use of branch chain amino acids like leucine during exercise 
PreSeries BULK contains 8,000 mg (8 grams) of citrulline malate per serving.
Beta-Alanine | 4,000mg
A majority of pre-workout supplements contain beta-alanine, but at significantly underdosed levels. Supplementing with proper dosing, as found in PreSeries BULK, is shown to:
- Delay the onset of neuromuscular fatigue in men and women during intense exercise 
- Increase overall muscle strength 
- Improved muscle endurance and total work done 
- Provide a tingling sensation, which can be more aggressive (depending on tolerance), which is normal and safe 
- Reduce and combat the formation of altered proteins and promote the formation of healthy proteins 
- Significantly increase lean mass and decrease fat in wrestlers 
PreSeries BULK contains 4,000 mg (4 grams) of beta-alanine per serving.
BetaPure Betaine Anhydrous | 2,500mg
Recent clinical studies suggest that betaine supplementation triggers a significant muscle growth response. This response is independent of testosterone and is significantly advantageous alongside typical supplementation protocols.
Betaine supplementation has also been shown to:
- Reduce fatigue when taken before and during weight training [14, 15].
- Enhance phosphocreatine replenishment between sets when creatine is taken daily *.
- Increases total repetitions and volume on the bench press exercise versus placebo .
PreSeries BULK contains 2,500 mg of betaine anhydrous per serving.
*(PreSeries BULK does not contain any form of creatine, as caffeine negates its absorption when taken in synchrony)
Taurine | 1,300mg
Taurine is an amino acid that is essential to pre-workout supplementation. Taurine competitively interacts with beta-alanine; thus, supplementation with beta-alanine and without taurine can lead to states of taurine deficiency .
Additionally, taurine used alongside BCAAs, has been found to reduce next-day muscle soreness more than either taken independently .
PreSeries BULK contains 1,300 mg (1.3 grams) of Taurine per serving.
L-Tyrosine | 1,000mg
L-tyrosine is the acetylated version of the amino acid L-tyrosine. The acetylation improves the absorption and effective period of L-tyrosine, as well as optimizes the effectiveness of the energy and focus ingredients in PreSeries BULK.
- L-tyrosine reduces the effects of stress and allows for greater mental focus and endurance .
- L-tyrosine improves memory and performance in bodily stressing climates, such as the cold .
- Believed to counteract the hypothyroid promoting conditions associated with extensive exercise.
PreSeries BULK contains 1000 mg of L-tyrosine per serving.
AlphaSize Alpha-GPC | 300mg
AlphaSize® is a patented form of alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (GPC), a highly bioavailable source of choline. Choline is an essential B vitamin that the body uses to create acetylcholine and phosphatidylcholine, both of which play important roles in cognitive function and neurotransmission. Several human studies show that alpha-GPC increases mental performance and physical performance, especially when taken in conjunction with caffeine , . Hence, alpha-GPC has both nootropic and ergogenic properties, making it ideal as a pre-workout ingredient.
PreSeries BULK contains 300 mg of Choline Bitartrate per serving.
How To Use
Take one half (½) scoop, mixed with 8-10 ounces of water 20-30 minutes before training to determine tolerance. If increased intensity is desired, take one (1) level scoop mixed with 10-12 ounces of water 20-30 minutes before training. Do not exceed 2 scoops per day.